Thursday, January 22, 2009

ALLRIGHT! ALLRIGHT!

Okay - I have been getting a lot of flak about not posting. But it isn't because I am sitting here drinking hot chocolate while reading books by the fireplace. 2009 has proven to be quite a challenge thus far.

Here's a re-cap:

Dec. 31 - Jan. 4th:
My parents came to town - THIS WAS AMAZING! We had so much fun and we LOVED every minute of it. Anyone else need a free place to stay?

Jan. 4th:
I taught in Relief Society - need I say more

Jan 6th:
Aunt Flo came to town . . . .

Jan. 8th:
I discovered that 5 out of the 6 kids had LICE - YUCK! Can you imagine? Mrs. Clean-Freak gets the shock of her life and the nightmare begins. (Funny how I found it - the school checked Gabbi the day before and didn't find anything - she was the worse - want me to check your kids for you? I am a pro!) Rigdon gets sick and starts puking all over the place.

Jan. 9th:
Picked lice out of the kids hair and did laundry (GROSS). Keaton gets sick and starts puking all of the place.

Jan 10th:
Picked lice out of the kids hair and did laundry (did I mention how disguisting this is). Mikala get's sick and starts puking all over the place. - Are we having fun yet?

Jan. 11th:
Picked lice out of the kids hair and did laundry (Come what may and love it . . . come what may and love it)

Jan 12th:
Picked lice out of the kids hair (couldn't find anything but nits so we sent them back to school) and did laundry

Jan 13th:
Picked at my kids some more, tried to do laundry - but - the dryer had gone out - NOT GOOD TIMING! -Jason gone to mutual - I am pulling my hair out.

Jan 14th:
My dryer works. Jason replaced the heating element - Good as new - EVEN BETTER! The laundry resumes. Kenzie home sick - well, more like - Kenzie home from school . . . faking like she is sick. Rigdon has a speech test at school - he ends up qualifying for Speech class - we will start next week.

Jan. 16th:
Jason in charge of Combined Youth Planning Meeting - he has to make binders for ALL the youth presidencies - in translation - Maren is in charge of making binders for ALL the youth presidencies. (Pretty cute - even if I do say so myself.)

Jan. 17th:
Painted the girls room - I had to - I made new comforters for them - I had to I throw the old ones out because of the lice. (Did I say how disguisting lice is?)

Jan. 19th:
Practiced with Martin Luther King fought so hard against . . . My kids were SLAVES for the entire day. My house looks BEAUTIFUL! :0)

Jan. 20th:
Jason in charge of YM/YW Combined activity - in translation - Maren is in charge of YM/YW combined activity. I run around getting all the stuff together for a Snowman Building Contest After Party Feast.

Jan. 21st:
Jason leaves town . . . Maren cuts 52 - 8X8 inch vinyl squares for tiles for the YW only to find out . . . I had done them ALL wrong. I start cutting again . . . come what may and love it, come what may and love it.

I have excluded all the little minor fiascos such as Keaton breaking 18 eggs all of the floor, dumping a bag of carrots all over the family room, breaking the girls lava lamp in Gabbi's drawer . . . to name a few. All the minor projects like Mikala's science fair project that is due next week, Gabbi's "BEAR" that I had to sew and decorate, Gannon's artic animal report, Kenzie's FRUIT DISH (That I have heard about for the last two weeks) that she has to prepare for Achievement Days - HOORAY the dinner is tonight . . . and so forth and so on.

Thus - my friends and family - this is why I have not posted in so long. My life is one big . . . well it is one big reality show. I would like to call it Ground Hog Day . . . you've seen the movie - my days are the same - OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Even now as I type I hear things being thrown to the floor in the kitchen. What will I find when I go in there . . . I have no idea, but I am sure it will be something I have to clean up.

Rest assure - I am well and good and things are as good as they can be. At least I have my health.

Stay tuned, my next post will be all about the new exercise program that Jason and I are doing together and how I am perpetually sore EVERY day. :0)

Love you all - hope this satisfies you all for now. :0)

11 comments:

The Slider Family said...

Hey Maren! I know it hasn't been funny for you, but I had to laugh at your post. What a crazy life! I hope things slow down for you. We need to get together sometime...maybe a date with our men!:) That would be fun! Miss you!

Blackson family said...

Happy for the new post! Sorry you had to endure the lice episode. Hope it is all behind you now.

Kris-10 said...

LOL! Sorry, but I had to laugh.

The sun will come up tomorrow...

Chin up Charlie...

Kris-10 said...

BTW - DARLING pics of the kids!

Sizzling Smiths said...

OMG...what a week in the house of the checketts. I have laughed so hard at this...I can just imagine Keaton and all his tricks. You have your hands full but I am so glad you updated you blog. Keep it up...when your not doing YM/YW stuff and RS..
Love you all
mom

The Heaps said...

Yeah for a new post! Boo for lice! I am so sorry yo have had so much chaos! Glad you survived it all!

Anonymous said...

yes! you're back! I'm sorry about the craziness! I wish I was there to watch the reality show and hug those kids.

Cassie and Chad said...

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT!!!!! Your the best, seriously YOUR THE BEST!!!

By the way I read Mikala's blog first about the lice so my comment above this one might not make since.


LICE+5 kids=YUCK YUCK YUCK

YOUR AMAZING!!!

Amber Gardiner said...

Wow, I feel your pain! I was so glad that your story ended without Rigdon throwing up, I was a little worried yesterday! Or, it could have ended with ...then my visiting teachers daughter painted fingernail polish all over my bedroom or something horrible!

You're doing a great job!

Naughty Newbee's said...

OKAY, can I just say DISGUSTING=LICE!!! EWWWWWWW, I am so sorry that you had to deal with that. We had a lice break out at school and now there is anoher one and I am freaking OUT!! Anyway, just keep some TeaTree oil and Rosemary oil on your kids head and they should be good to go. I have done that the last time and I am starting it again and we have been lucky so far. :) You for sure have had a bunch of CHAOS lately and I wish I was there to help you out. Ya, for Jason coming back right!! Had a great laugh reading your blog and just could only imagine how my brother was because he is the biggest germ a fobe I know. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Maren,
I am STILL LAUGHING after reading this post. I just happened onto your blog.....so fun to catch up with your family. I can't think of anything worse than LICE AND PUKING!! My WORST nightmare! I hope February is looking up!!!!!! Happy day! xoxo
Lori
I really do want to hear about the exercise program.....