Sunday, March 9, 2008

THE REAL DAY


Mikala had a very nice ACTUAL birthday day. She got a new outfit to wear to school and treats for the class. She then had a relaxing afternoon, followed by dinner at Olive Garden and dessert with the family. She LOVED her birthday cake which was her mother's sad attempt to throw something together that day. Thank goodness kids see everything through rose-colored glasses. It tasted better than it looked - after Rigdon stuck his fingers in it 40 times. A great big thank you to everyone who called and left messages and sang to her. It made her feel special and know she is loved. I started to cry when I heard Uncle Doug and Aunt Lori singing. Not because Uncle Doug was singing bad, but because it hit me once again what an awesome family we have. We LOVE and miss you all. Thanks again for making her day so special.

3 comments:

Kris-10 said...

I love how your cakes look just like Mom's. It makes it so traditional. She is growing up so fast. She is so beautiful!!! I'm so glad she had a fun time.

Lori said...

I had no idea that Uncle Doug knew a different version of Happy Birthday. When he started singing it I couldn't help but laugh - too funny. We love you all. So you are all coming to visit?? When exactly and why??

The Heaps said...

I love that sweet little Mikala! I'll have to give her a pedicure while you guys are here if that's o.k....for her birthday! Although I don't know when that will be, but we'll make time. Maybe Friday morning before we have to leave for the show???