Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

I know that I should have done this yesterday - and I had every intention of doing so, but time slips by like sand through my fingers and I find myself wondering - Uh - what day is today?



But as the saying goes - Better late than never.



I am thinking of a person . . .



A person that is one of my greatest and truest friends . . .



Who laughs with me in all the right places and cries with me at just the right time . . .



Who has a HUGE passion for books and reads faster than any weird super hero could ever hope to . . .



A person that takes upon herself to remember everyone and everything better than their own mothers . . .



One who will listen intently and then give her heart-felt opinion if asked . . .



A person that can never be replaced . . .



Who turned 28 yesterday . . .



And deserves to be insanely happy . . .



If you haven't guessed - it is my dear sister Kristen.



I love you Kristen - I hope you know that. I hope that you had a wonderful day and that you have an even better year.



You are the best!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY (YESTERDAY - at least I called you . . .) This is the only picture I had - SAD!

11 comments:

Kris-10 said...

Thanks Maren! You are very sweet. Deluded but sweet. BTW - I'm 29 (sigh) and you may now call me Kristen, the SUPER READER!

I love you too!!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

Happy Bday Kristen! Maren I copied you and put some school songs on and background hope that was okay! :)

CHECKETT- OUT said...

Hah I was right I thought you turned 29!

The Heaps said...

She is pretty spectacular! Love you both so much!

Kris-10 said...

BTW - I miss that sweater...where did it go? LOL Why did we wear such mugly things?

Cassie and Chad said...

Woo Hoo happy birthday to Kristen, what a great tribute to a great lady!!! (she's 29 now so she can be called a lady)

Cassie and Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie and Chad said...

I just know the SOMEDAY Maren will comment on MY blog!!! :-)

Lori said...

Great tribute. Don't worry Cassie you're not the only one Maren doesn't leave comments on their blogs.

Carolyn said...

Maren! So excited you found my blog. Love, love, love you!!! And I still am not over the fact that you won't be Savy's preschool teacher. I still tell Ty "Don't forget what Ms. Maren taught you" when he does his letter sounds even though he went to B.F.C.S. after and learned phonograms there too. But you taught him them first! And he loved you. I still want to get a Scentsy candle from you. Anyway- so happy to connect with your blog. Your kids are ADORABLE and am I crazy or did your family grow again since you moved from AZ???

The Heaps said...

Tag, you're it! Check my blog for further instructions