Sunday, October 19, 2008

IT'S MIGHTY FINE - TO BE TURNING 9

Yesterday was Kenzie's 9th Birthday; therefore it was a family affair and yet, being the con-artist she is, she somehow managed to get a friend invited to go with us.

She spent the day doing ABSOULTELY NOTHING - because when it is your birthday you have complete immunity from work at our house. No one can call you to go get a diaper or help someone tie a shoe because - as the birthday queen you don't have to lay a finger to help or clean up anything for 24 hours. (Believe me she really took advantage of this - in fact she started to try and pull it the day before the actual day).



The first gift of the day - a new purse complete with a pack of gum, lip-gloss, new earrings and bangles and a HSM wallet with $40.00 cash to spend.



We took her to lunch and to the mall to spend the money that was burning a hole in her pocket. Her little friend came along with the other 7 of us and we had a great time trapsing through Limited Too, Bath and Body Works and the Gap.







The rest of the day she was floating on air.



She scored at Target and found some good bargains.



She played with her friend and her loot;


And She at pizza, Sprite & cake till she about popped

She commented several times yesterday and I quote "THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!" Well, I guess it goes to show - the little things are what matter the most - because it was certainly one of the "EASIEST BIRTHDAY'S EVER!" for me.


We sure do love our little Kenzie and we are so grateful for the spunk and life she brings to our family. We would certainly be a boring bunch without her.



LOVE - LOVE - LOVE YOU KENZIE! Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

Blackson family said...

Happy Birthday, Kenzie! Looks like you scored a lot of neat and exciting birthday gifts! Wish I could be 9 again!.

Sizzling Smiths said...

Cool looking Birthday girl. I wish I could have been there to go to the mall with you guys. I bet that was the most fun ever. Happy Birthday Kenzie...I love you. Grandma Smith

Kris-10 said...

She looks so happy. I can totally imagine Kenzie looking at you asking her to do something on her birthday and saying. Hello, birthday girl, remember? I'm glad you posted pics so soon. :o) Give her a giant hug for me and tell her I love her!!!

The Heaps said...

I just still feel so bad for missing her birthday! What a fun day for her! Tell her I love her and give her a big birthday smooch

The Weights said...

Happy Birthday Kenzie!!! I cannot believe that you are 9. I remember when you were a baby, when we first met your family at church! I always admired how cute you and Mikala were at church!! You are so fully of energy and delight!! Keep smiling and being the great little girl that you are!!
Looks like a really fun birthday!!

CHECKETT- OUT said...

That is my sis right there. Though she can be annoying from time to time and we can fight I still LOVE HER!!!!

Rachel Stewart said...

I love the post and Mikala's comment. Classic. My favorite though was the picture of her getting ready to open her present. Those eyes and that smile just say it all. Glad she had such a wonderful day! And glad that it was so easy for you. Sometimes simple is the way to go.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness I did it again . . . I'm a day late and a gift short!! UGH!! Forgive me sweet Kenzie - I'm old and weird, but . . . . . . . the gift is in the mail. Love you a lot!!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENZIE!! Sorry we missed you but I heard you got our message that we left you! :) I have to say that I am jealous because you get to celebrate your birthday with ZAC EFRON!! You are one lucky girl to be born on the same day as a hottie!! :) You are too cute yourself. We love you lots and miss you too.

Naughty Newbee's said...

Okay MISS MAREN!! We need an UPDATE!! Halloween is over... :) I want to see pictures though of those darling kiddos.

CHECKETT- OUT said...

MOM POST SERIOUSLY!!!