Monday, January 14, 2008

GOT WIPES

So, I was thinking about it today as I was changing the 4th diaper of the day at 9:00 a.m. How many diapers have I changed since Mikala was born. Scary - I know. So I decided it was worth a few punches on the calculator.

So let's say I have changed diapers everyday for the last 10 years.
Thats 365 days X 10 years
Thats 3650 days
So, if you figure I changed 5 diapers a day - give or take a few, that's
18,250 diapers
Then for about 7 years I have changed 2 sets of diapers a day which I figure is another 12,775 diapers
Those two numbers added together are 31,025 DIAPERS! I have done my share of throwing poop and added to the earths pollution in astronomical amounts. WIPE THAT BABY!

9 comments:

Kris-10 said...

Wow, that really stinks! :o)
Plus, don't forget the diapers you have changed on behalf of others. You have at least changed my children's ten times. You should be translated just for that!

The Heaps said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I cannot get over that....I know this little post is due to the conversation we had about you changing diapers for the past 9 years.

Lori said...

I'm sure that number is much higher, especially when your kids have been a little under the weather. UGH!! You could be on the cable show "Dirtiest Jobs".

Mistie said...

You are histerical!!!! I don't know many people who would take the time to figure all that out. And really, that just makes me depressed thinking about all the diapers I have changed (my kids, my siblings kids, my neighbors kids...) We mothers are a sick race (hee, hee, hee!)

Rachel Stewart said...

What is really crazy is when you start adding up the cost of all those diappers. I paid around $15 dollars for a pack of 62 diapers for the last size of hyrums which equates to about 24 cents a piece and when you times that by the number of diapers you have changed that equates to over $7500. That would have been a really nice Hawaiin vacation for you and Jason.

Anonymous said...

I'm calling Al Gore right now and telling him that you're the reason all the polar bears are dying!! Seriously, that was too much for a woman with no kids to handle

Cassie and Chad said...

WOW, I can't believe you figured that all out. I can honestly tell you...I can relate!!!

Scrap Happy said...

Thanks for sharing. Just one of the reasons I only have three, and you have six.

Anonymous said...

Are you also taking into account Jason's adult diapers that you changed during the first years of marriage until he was potty trained?

Just kidding! Jason has impeccable aim around the porcelain target.