Friday, January 25, 2008

I SURRENDER

Well, I fought a good fight. (Cassie - start eating your foot) I lasted till approximately 3:30 p.m. That was 7 hours longer than I thought I would. I got Gabbi off to the bus and laid down and took a nap for 2 of those hours. Before falling asleep (Jason was home - so no my boys did not have free reign of the house - or maybe they did) I was reading in 1 NEPHI Chapter 17. In versus 2 & 3 it talks about how as they traveled in the wilderness the Lord lifted their burdens and made them light - even so light that they did not murmur or complain. I had an AH HA - moment. My situation is no different from Nephi's wife or mother, or sister - I am being a Laman or a Lemuel. I am grumbling and complaning and I have everything to be thankful for. I applied for this position and I really wanted this job - so I surrender with a glad heart. I know that the Lord will carry me through this and make my burdens light. I love being a mom and I am grateful that he intrusted me with this great task. I am grateful for the revelation - (or maybe it was the nap). Put your shoulder to the wheel - PUSH ALONG! I immediately began cleaning!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still applying for that job and will be so happy when I get it! This was funny to follow this "union" all day long! YOu know Grandma would tell you to "put your shoulder to the wheel!"

Lori said...

Wow you lasted a long time! I'm glad that there wasn't anyone hurt during this demonstration . . . ha! Motherhood is different, isn't it?

Kris-10 said...

I'm proud of you Maren. You needed a little nap today and I'm glad that you were able to get some perspective. I need to follow your amazing example and turn to the scriptures in my times of trials. I love you! Remember, there's a patch of sunshine, let's go run after it!

Rachel Stewart said...

Okay I absolutely loved these three posts. I was a bit confused after reading the latest one first. "Um...what did I miss?"
But then I read the first and laughed out loud.

I remember a couple of days growing up when my mom went on strike. Every couple of years she had just had enough of us, our attitudes and all the work and would just go up in her room and shut the door.

I was wondering what reasoning would lead you back to your normal self and glad that it was divine inspiration. Speaking of inspiration...you are an inspiration to all of us and me in particular! Love ya.

Cassie and Chad said...

OK you got me! I am so impressed that you made it 7 hours. You definately needed a break and I am happy you got one. I just really wish you would take a break outside of your house with me!!!! Or at least let me watch your kids so you and Jason can get some much needed time together...think about it, I would love to help!!!!