Friday, January 25, 2008

MOTHERS OF AMERICA UNITE


We the mothers of the United States, in order to form a more perfect household, insure domestic cleanliness, provide for the common cold, promote the general nutrition, and secure the Blessings of the gospel to ourselves, and our posterity, do proclaim and herby state this as the Constitution for the Mother.

So - today I am creating a Union. I am going on strike. I am over-worked and under-paid. I have zero vacation days and do not get the 5 minute break that I am entitled to. I have decided to not pick up, wipe up, dust or vaccum until my rights are realized. Now, those of you that know me know what kind of dilema this puts me in. I am a clean freak by nature and my very soul cries out to the sock on the floor to be picked up. BUT - I will prevail. It may last for a day, it may last for an hour. But, I will succeed for what ever amount of time I can stand it. Mothers of America UNITE!

3 comments:

Kris-10 said...

Go Maren go Maren go! I was thinking about this yesterday. Mark has not done a load of wash, cleaned a toliet, loaded or unloaded a dishwasher, bathed our children more than once each...since we got married almost ten years ago. That is almost a decade to which besides taking out the trash and an occasion vacuum I have done it all. Life sucks! :<

Cassie and Chad said...

If this lasts more than a few minutes I will eat my foot!!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Make Jason do some work for once. He has been coasting for way too long. BTW, how's caffeine free 2008 treating him, hmmm?