Friday, February 15, 2008

THE LUCK O' THE CHECKETTS

Rachel this one is for you.

As I was setting up this St. Patrick's Day splendor I typed out The Luck O' The Checketts to correlate with my Irish theme. However, as I sat and thought about it, I realized how LUCKY I really am.

So, my word for the week.

LUCKY
Pronunciation: \ˈlə-kē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): luck·i·er; luck·i·est
Date: 15th century
1 : having good luck
2 : happening by chance : fortuitous
3 : producing or resulting in good by chance : favorable
4 : seeming to bring good luck (a lucky rabbit's foot)

Fortuitous - I love that - I AM fortunate - I have so many things that make my life so incrediably easy. Amidst all the madness that I call my life, I find myself very fortunate to be a member of this wondeful gospel. I cling to the belief of the tender mercies of the Lord to get me through each and every day.

I feel VERY fortunate to have the love of a man named Jason. He is my source of comfort and reason and brings me back to sanity after moments of tearful tantrums of torment. (Say that 10 times fast)

I have 6 gorgeous children who raise me up to be a better me, requiring love, patience and long-suffering which are all qualities of our Savior that I am striving to obtain.

So, I don't need a rabbit's foot, I have friends and family like you and that makes me the LUCKIEST person in the world.

I Love you all - you know who are!

4 comments:

Kris-10 said...

We are all very blessed! I am lucky to have such a wonderful big sister whom I love so very much!

Cassie and Chad said...

Part of your luck is living in such a georgeous state amongst the beautiful changing seasons. The mountains, trees, flowers, blue sky, clear air, hills,GREEN grass, winter, spring, summer and fall. All of God's creations through out the entire year, you are one lucky gal!

Mistie said...

Maren, no matter what Cassie is trying to put into your pretty little head, don't believe her! Us folks in Arizona enjoy our mild winters (no shoveling, heavy clothes, etc.) and bask in our summers where all we have to do to cool off is jump in a refreshing pool. I'm with you. The snow SUCKS!!! LYLAS!

Rachel Stewart said...

I am so glad that I had a post dedicated to me! And such wonderful blessings. The snow looks absolutely crazy. Glad I am here where it is only rainy.