Tuesday, February 5, 2008

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE AZ

Twas the night before AZ
When all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse.

The luggage was stacked
By the back door with care
So we coul all pack up
For our great journey there.

The children were nestled
All snug on the floor
So they wouldn't have to do
This one last great chore.

And papa in his cut-offs
And me in my jammies
Could not stop thinking
About seeing our families.

When up in my mind
Rose a thought just like thunder
We're heading for sunshine
A land of great wonders.

My mind started racing
My brain was just whirling
What a fun time we'll have.
It makes me feel just like twirling.

Punching the pillows
I turned this way and that
I pulled at the blankets
Then straight up I sat.

I can't go to sleep
I'm just to excited.
In less than one day
We'll all be re-united.

If you can't tell I am so excited to be going HOME tomorrow. I just can hardly stand it. AND I really can't sleep for the butterflies I feel in my stomach. Last night Jason had to tell me a story to get my mind off of it before I could go to sleep. Will I ever grow up?

Probably not, but that is okay.
I love my family, what can I say?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I am so excited too! We love seeing those kiddos in the backyard all day long!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

OK I am a little jelouse of your trip to AZ...Just for the weather though! My kiddos are still LOVING the snow but I am getting a little tired of it. Just think this will make spring look all the better! Have fun, drive safe and good luck with your show!

Lori said...

Well we're excited too. Of course I wonder if you'll be able to squeeze in a visit with your old Auntie?

The Heaps said...

I am soo excited to see you and the show is going to be great! I just know it!! I can't believe that it has been since Thanksgiving...way too long! We'll see you tomorrow!!!

Kris-10 said...

Cute poem! You of course know how excited I am to see you. I just bought you a little surprise too, so you can be even more excited! We're so glad when the Checketts come home, glad as we can be, clap our hands and shout for joy and yell excitedly. Put our arms around your necks, hug them tight like this, pat your cheeks and give them what! A great big kiss!

Rachel Stewart said...

What a clever poem! I can't wait to see you guys and give those darling kids of yours a great big hug. I know you are going to be so busy, so we will definitely be there as part of the greeting committee and make sure we get our fair share of the Checkett bunch.

Anonymous said...

So, why do you guys live in Utah?

Lauren said...

Hey
That was a way cute poem!!!!!!!!
Lauren likes when Mikala Comes!

Kris-10 said...

K - your back, get going on something new!

Andrea said...

Hey Maren I was being nosey and snuck in off of Cassie's blog. That poem was way cute, I know where you got your creative genes...your mother.

Andrea (LaRue) Derrick