Saturday, June 14, 2008

AND THE LITTLE ONE SAID - ROLL OVER . . .

When we first moved into this house - we decided to put all three girls in the same room because although this a 5 bedroom house, there are only 3 bedrooms upstairs (including the master) AND being the WORRY WART that I am, I didn't want my precious children two stories down in the basement all by themselves, with no protection. I mean come on what if there was a FIRE or a BREAK-IN or something worse. So, we put the two twin beds in a bedroom and made them share. I figured if Joseph Smith was good enough to share with his siblings - so are my kids.

Well, after a few tearful nights (okay it was more like a few tearful MONTHS) from Mikala saying - I want my own bed; and other comments from appalled family members :0) we decided to go ahead and get bunk beds.


This should fix everything right?

Well, yes and no . . .

Here we are a year later and I walked into their bedroom this morning and discovered this . . . (Mikala's Bed)
And this . . . (Kenzie' Bed)
















And this is - Gabbi's Bed - with all 3 of them squished in there like SARDINES! Is this the first time this has happened? OH NO! This is a nightly occurrence. Usually it is just two of the them but probably about once a week I will find all three of them together. And Yes, that is Kenzie under Gabbi's legs. Apparently, Kenzie has not discovered Gabbi's legs yet. Inevitably a fight will most likely occur once she realizes she has been a foot rest all night. (Maybe I should go remove the evidence).
You would think it would be the other way around; that the little one would have climbed into her big sister's beds for comfort and SNUGGLE time but it is usually Gabbi's bed that they all congregate to. So, although they tell eachother daily "I HATE YOU" - I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN" - and my favorite "YOU ARE BUGGING ME - QUIT TOUCHING ME" - I am beginning to wonder if this is a LOVE/HATE relationship that will last till the end of time.
Till then - I will cherish this picture of my little girls and when they could all fit in the same bed . . .


8 comments:

The Weights said...

I LOVE IT!!! It took me a minute to find Kenzie!! I wish I could sleep so deeply that I could not feel someone's legs on my head!! This is actually a very precious picture!! One for the future wedding videos!!

Scrap Happy said...

That is so fantastic, I wish my girls would share with each other, instead of climbing in bed with us!

Anonymous said...

I would cherish that too! That is sooo cute. I wish I had a sister to squish with!

Kris-10 said...

How funny. That is the cutest picture, it took me a few seconds to find Kenzie. Bridgette and I had a good laugh over it.

Cassie and Chad said...

My girls end up in the same bed as well, especially Sydney she is a snuggler. Hey long time no see, lets get together unless your summer is crammed pack with fun and educational plans for your children. We would love to get together with you guys, please call!!! I called you last, your it!!!

Rachel Stewart said...

Beyond sweet. That is definitely one for the memory books.

I have never seen the girls room before. It is so darling. Makes me want to come stay a night in one of the empty beds.

The Heaps said...

That is adorable! That reminds me a little of whne Kristen and I would snuggle up in bed at night....usually I would go back to my own though by the end of the night!
Too cute!

Amber Gardiner said...

Now your secret is out...what a cute blog!