Monday, June 2, 2008

3 FOR 3


My last May birthday for the month (HOORAY). And boy was it a fun day - even I was excited for SPIDER-MAN.


Saturday was Gannon's 5th birthday. He woke up to streamers and Spider-man all over the kitchen and a great big Spider-man fortress (tent) that we had all set up for him complete with a new spider-man costume. Boy was he excited. He got all dressed up and struck a few web-shooting poses for the camera.










His friends arrived at 2:00 p.m. for the festivities and the fun began. We played outside in the tent, shot Spider-man guns, conducted an experiment with the incredible growing Spider-men, and sprayed webs with our cans of silly string.









Presents were next on the agenda and doesn't everybody love PRESENTS! Gannon couldn't wait to tear into all the fun stuff his friends and family had got for him. He LOVED everything. (thanks to grandmas & grandpas and Aunt Lori's gifts).


CAKE anyone - OH YEAH! They each had 2 cupcakes and some ice-cream too. And OBVIOUSLY the incredible Sister Crocker did not make the trip up to help me with a Spider-Man cake so PLEASE don't laugh at the LAME attempt to come up with something creative without spending 30 dollars on a Wal-Mart cake.

Gannon had a great day and told me about 3 times AND I QUOTE - Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday mom - I just love you. And that is what it is all about! This boy is going to go far in his life if he keeps saying those things to the women he meets - I felt like going out and buying him 10 more presents.

What a sweet little blessing this first highly-anticipated little boy has been since the day he was born 5 years ago. After 3 little girls the testosterone was much needed! Each Star Wars figure, car, and train set is a treasure! The only thing I could do without - the uncontrollable flying pee in the bathroom. But - I will take it for a smile like this! Happy Birthday Gannon - WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

The Heaps said...

How fun! And what a cutie! I loved the cupcakes....they looked tasty!
What a wonderful mother - Gannon looked like he really had a good time! I'm just sad we missed it :0(

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Gannon. Looks like a really fun super hero birthday. Wish I could have been there since I kind of like spiders!

Kris-10 said...

Super Duper cute! The cupcakes are darling and he is darling. How fun. I know what you are saying about the boy toys, they are pretty fun!

Kris-10 said...

I showed mom and dad the pics, they thought they were darling and mom thought your cupcakes were so cute!

Rachel Stewart said...

I love that kid! He has grown up into such a great little guy. I love that picture of him in front of the tent all dressed up. The pose is classic. The cake is fantastic! And I have to agree with Gannon...you are pretty wonderful and I love you too.