Saturday, June 28, 2008

BATTER-UP


Here is a shot of Mikala's last game on Thursday. She is a pretty good little player but needs to learn confidence behind her swing.


She did catch a really hard-hit ball that came out at her at third base where she was positioned and made a straight-shot throw to second base which the girl caught and then tagged the runner out. It was really exciting.


And although - baseball to me, is SLOW - unless you are playing it - it was fun to watch her doing something she loved and that is what it is all about.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Way to go Mikala!! All it takes is practice, practice and more practice and before you know it they'll be offering you a free ticket to college. I miss those T-ball/softball games that Melissa & Brent played.

Anonymous said...

she looks so grown up! Teenage years here we come!!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

That is awesome! I remember those good ol' days. I hated watching as well so much more fun to PLAY! Good job Mikala, We miss you ALL!

The Heaps said...

OK this just makes me so sad! I so wish that I could have been there to cheer Mikala on! I love your kids and miss the so much! What a fun time for her though and how proud you must have been seeing her catch that ball! What fun!

Kris-10 said...

Go Mikki Jo! She is so beautiful. Every time I look at her it reminds me of you. She looks just like you. What a lucky girl!

Rachel Stewart said...

I love that she is playing softball. Ever since that day we played that pickup game of wiffle ball I have thought she would be fantastic at softball. So glad that she is loving it.

Sizzling Smiths said...

Go Mikala...you are going to be the best player ever. I am sure you are looking foward to next year.

The Slider Family said...

Hey Maren! Sorry I'm not to good with keeping in touch. I love seeing your pics on your blog. I finally joined the craze. Mine is www.sixsliders.blogspot.com. I would love to still plan a BBQ.:)

Cassie and Chad said...

Time to update, I want to hear all about your AZ trip!!!!