Thursday, April 10, 2008

DAVID K. STEWART




Okay so maybe I am a little prejudice, but don't you think my dad is one of the HOTTEST guys you have ever seen and even though he is 65 today - he doesn't look much different from this shot taken 40 years ago.



I wanted to tell my dad publically how grateful I am for his birth and how much I love him. He has been such an example to me my whole life of everything that is good and constant. We always knew we would be going to church. We always knew what was expected of us. We always knew that we were loved. I feel so fortunate to have been a child in the home of my parents. They gave us everything we needed and all the love and care a child could ever want.



This picture sums it up for me. What a kind face, what a wonderful heart beats within him. He is a great source of comfort to me and there are times when I ache to just have one of his great bear hugs.




So Dad - Happy Birthday! I wish we could be there in person, to give you a kiss and to celebrate your wonderful life, but we are thinking of you from up here in the deep freeze they call Utah. Enjoy the sunshine, enjoy your day - for dad - YOU ARE ALIVE!

6 comments:

Lori said...

What a great tribute Maren. Your dad is just as handsome on the outside as he is in the inside. I feel very blessed to have known him for the last 30 years. He welcomed me into the family from the 1st day I was introduced to him when I was dating Uncle Doug. I knew then that he was a great man. I love him dearly. He looks great for 65 and what's with that great head of hair??!!!

The Heaps said...

This was wonderful. It was great to see all those fun pics of dad! He's a wonderful man and I admire and respect him more and more with each passing year! I love you dad!!
LOve you Maren for posting this!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

What a nice post! Your dad is great and I know you miss him alot. Happy Birthday Brother Stewart!

Kris-10 said...

You stole mine and dad's line! :o)

Rachel Stewart said...

Maren, thank you for posting! That pretty much sums it up. I told Kent the other day that one of the greatest things I got from marrying him is his family. I am not sure how well that went over... but there you are. I love all of you SO much!

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you and couldn't ask for a better example, father, and grandfather.

Anonymous said...

I loved it!! and I love your dad!