Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SMART COOKIE


I must say this was totally unexpected. Kenzie came home yesterday with an EXTRA wide grin on her face. Unrolling a sheet of paper and holding it in my face. "LOOK AT THIS MOM!" As you can see on the certificate, she scored in the top 10%, nationally in Social Studies on the Iowa tests. Pretty cool. And what was even cooler is how she feels about herself. She said to me "I didn't think I was that smart mom, I guess I am." I just smiled and said - "I KNOW you are that smart." AAAHHH! Days like this make it all so worth it.

9 comments:

Rachel Stewart said...

I KNOW she is that smart too! And what a sweetheart. I had so much fun with her this past weekend. Tell her that she should plan on spending a couple of weeks at my house this summer. :)

Lori said...

Way to go Kenzie!!! Tell her that piece of paper can tell some people what all of us already have known for a long time . . . she's awesome!!!

Kris-10 said...

Wow, not only is she street smart she book smart too! I'll have to call and congratulate her! I never got a award for anything. Well, maybe a ribbon for participation. Oh, well! :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW! way to go kenz!!

The Weights said...

Go Kenzie! Sometimes it is just nice to have the external reward ya know!
I also LOVE hearing "Xanadu" when I read the blog!

The Heaps said...

I already told Keniz how proad I am of her and what an amazing accomplishment that is! I think I told her shes' a "Smartie, smartie, smart smart!"

Cassie and Chad said...

What a little smartie pants! Way to go Kenz!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

How could she do it in Social Studies, Maren you are not very social.
-Nelo

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Did you really just get on my blog and insult me Chad? I am as social as they come. I am just a little picky who I socialize with. It is all who you know.