Tuesday, April 22, 2008

DR. PHIL WE NEED HELP

So, those of you that know Kenzie - KNOW or have witnessed first hand her agression. When she was just a little girl - she would get so excited or happy she would bite you. Not good. Well, we have broken her of the habit of biting but it seems that frustration unleased itself in another venue - SCRATCHING. Which is worse? - well you be the judge. A bite will bruise and go away with time. Kenzie has left scars the size of cougar claws on Mikala's arms. We will often look at Mikala's arms and lament the fact that she has little scars ALL over both her arms.

SO, why do we need help - because we can't seem to get her to stop. She lashes out at anyone who dares to defy her, call her a name, or hurt her in anyway. Jason and I have done everything in our power to talk with her and teach her and show her how wrong this is. We have pleaded, begged, grounded, taken away and prayed with her to stop. But to no avail. The agression continues.

Yesterday it was Gannon. He made the mistake of calling her a loser - which is horrible in and of itself - believe me he got his timeout- but as a result he also has 3 little claw marks on his wrist.

So, Jason lost it. He grabbed her arm and said - that's it - go to your room for the rest of the night - she went - crying her pathetic wail of a cry that only Kenzie can produce. It is pitiful. We talked to her later on and again pleaded with her to stop this bad behavior.

Well, today as I was making the bed - I found this on Jason's side . . .


Pretty sad - huh? (as I sit here laughing my head off) So, I am asking for your help. If you have any suggestions or recommendation on how we can handle this - please advise. We are totally open to hear if you can come up with something we haven't already tried.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to help you... but that was histarical!!!! I wrote in my journal when my mom yelled at me, but I didn't make draw a picture of her as a devil. Instead I drew a picture of her really fat!!! this is true! I think drawing out her emotions will help, cause it helped me---not!!! Did Jason die laughing, cause I would have!!!

Scrap Happy said...

Oh, you definitely need to keep that picture throughout her teenage years.

"Ooh, bummer, you want to borrow the car? Too bad "Devil Daddies" don't share their keys..."

We have similar anger/aggression issues with Manda. (?)

Kris-10 said...

Oh my word, I am laughing so hard I might pee my pants! :o)

Stacy said...

Too bad you can't have children de-clawed like cats. Maybe you could at least threaten it...I'm all about the empty threats.

Lori said...

But Melissa your mother is fat. If I remember right, it was a great picture. Maren, I read this at work and I started laughing out loud. I shared the story with one of the attorneys and he is still laughing.

Rachel Stewart said...

Sorry to be laughing at your expense, but I am. So funny!! No suggestions except to have her come visit for the summer. She will spend 2 months on her best behavior and when she goes home maybe she will have forgotten about using the claws.

Kent Stewart said...

Man, I don't know if I am prepared to be treated that way from my children. I don't think I ever did or felt that way about mom and dad, although I probably did and just don't remember. I know you guys are all laughing but I think it is sad. I know it is just a passing thing and doesn't mean that much but I was just thinking of my little Sabrina doing that.
=o(

Cassie and Chad said...

Devil Dad huh? Wow you must save that picture. Sorry no words of wisdom here, but I so do enjoy you stories!!!