Tuesday, May 20, 2008

13 IS A "LUCKY" NUMBER


Today is Jason and I's 13th wedding anniversary and although the number 13 has often been called an UNLUCKY number - for us it is just another year of MAGIC!

Here are 13 reasons why I love him more today than I did on May 20th, 1995.


1) He still SINGS to me! We have a song that Jason used to sing to me when we started dating. I had never heard of it at the time, but he said it was my song. And to this day he still sings it (not as often as I would like. :0)

2) He is a FABULOUS father!

3) He is the hardest WORKER I know (other than my dad). Both at work and in his yards.

4) He will change DIAPERS and give BATHS.

5) He COOKS!

6) He makes things HAPPEN. When I want something done - Jason makes it happen.

7) He makes me LAUGH.
8) He can FIX things.
9) He has a way of COMFORTING me like no one else can. With just the sound of his voice and his arms around me, he can put my biggest heartaches at ease.
10) He does what is RIGHT.
11) He's HOT!
12) He is my BEST FRIEND
13) He COMPLETES me!
We have no special plans. We did not get each other anything, but EVERY one of those 13 years is a gift and is PRECIOUS to me because they got us to where we are today and that is in a good place To quote Diamond Rio - "What a Beautiful Mess I'm in." We couldn't be happier.

I LOVE you Jason - with all my heart! Here's to 13 more years of
CRAZY BLISS!

9 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Yay for blogs! Your family is so cute as always and Keaton is adorable. As if he would be anything else with your gene-pool. Love the nick-names of your blog friends, I may have to try that. No I am not doing a preschool. I wish I had the patience to do that but I know my limits and preschool would not be a good thing for me or the kiddos. Keep in touch.

Cassie and Chad said...

Happy Happy Day!!! Congratulations you guys. You need to go out and celebrate, let me watch your children...I am serious...No excuses!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely put! I think Jason is great too. We really wish you guys lived here so I could give you a BIG happy anniversary hug! 13 years, and 6 kids later... you're stick ROCKIN"!!! way to go!

Anonymous said...

not sure what "stick rockin" is but I meant "still rockin" ....WOW!!! I shouldn't do this at work!!

The Heaps said...

Congrats you guys! What a great pair you are. What a force for good in the gospel, an example to all of us still in the early years of marriage and wonderful parents to our sweet nieces and nephews! I am happy for you both and wish you a life time of happy anniversary's!!
Love you both!

The Weights said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! You two are an amazing force as a team!!! I believe that there is nothing that could not be accomplished with the two of you on the task!!
We love you both so much and feel blessed to have you in our lives!!
What a great tribute Maren!! You are both incredible!! I hope you find a fun way to celebrate somehow!! Love ya!!

Rachel Stewart said...

Happy Anniversary! 13 years is a wonderful feat. Congratulations!! Jason is pretty great, but your not so bad yourself. Love you guys.

P.S. I am still working on Kent...not very successfully so far.

Stacy said...

Aaawww...so sweet. You guys are a great couple - we should have hung out with you while we were neighbors in Mesa (I bet we could laugh about many of the same things!) 13 will hopefully be a very lucky year for us, too (...one without a surprise pregnancy!) Congrats!!

Lori said...

Congrats!!!! You have many, many, many years to go. If you're like me, I can't remember what it was like not being married (we're hitting 30 this year)