Friday, May 16, 2008

MOVING ON UP!

Yesterday was Gabbi's Kindergarten Graduation. They still have two more weeks of school but their teacher decided to get this little program out of the way - can't say that I blame her - and it was quite the production. The kids put on the play of their lives - The Little Red Hen. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I pretty much remained teary-eyed through the whole thing.

Gabbi was a "little chick" and boy was she a CUTE little chick.
Her little song went like this - "MAMA, MAMA, MAMA, I'm hungry as a hog, MAMA, MAMA, MAMA, I'm hungry as a dog, Hungry as a bear, Hungry as a horse, but we're not those creatures, we have little chicken features, we're you're little chicks of course - PEEP PEEP!

She then walked the line and recieved her diploma - more tears -


They sang a few more songs and then it was over. Short and sweet and DARLING! Here is a picture of her with her cute little kindergarten teacher that Gannon gets next year.

All of this is kind of bitter-sweet for me. I can't wait for her to move up and progress - to have 3 ALL DAY in school - YIPEE - but Gabbi is my last little girl and I feel the changes coming swifter and faster with every day. Puberty, PMS, and Passion are just around the corner and I am not sure that I am ready for the that step. It will be fun but part of me wants to hold on a little longer.

What can I say - my cup runneth over. We are so blessed . . . Congrats Gabbi!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Yikes Gabbi - a graduate!!! I can't believe that she's on her way to 1st grade. Very nice pictures and I wish we could hear the vocal solo of the little chick.

Scrap Happy said...

Super cute! Allison's graduation ceremony is on Wednesday, then we're on to the long hot summer... ugh...

Kris-10 said...

K - I am totally tearing up right now...she is so beautiful. You are going to have trouble with all the boys who are in love with her!

The Heaps said...

Congrats Gabi girl! I am so proud of you! I just love that sweet little face! Again...sad I missed it!

The Weights said...

I guess that a mother's life is filled with those bitter-sweet moments!! I totally understand how you must feel!! She is so beautiful!! Sounds like a fun program and graduation!!

Rachel Stewart said...

Oh, she is so beautiful!! And I absolutely hear you on the growing up thing...Sometimes it seems to go so fast and not fast enough, all in the same breath. You really are blessed.

Anonymous said...

that costume is to die for. and it's kind of sad that their growing up!