Friday, May 2, 2008

A THOUGHTFUL TWO YEAR OLD

I am posting this because I thought it was absoultely darling, not because I am bragging - okay maybe I am a little.

Rigdon went to the bathroom earlier this morning and needed to be wiped. I used the last of the toliet paper up doing so.

A couple hours later I was holding Rigdon on the couch and I said (he's been especially clingy today) "Hey bud, I have to get up and go to the potty."

I got up and remembered that there was no toliet paper in the bathroom and so I got in front of Gannon and the T.V. (so he would hear me) and said - "Gannon will you go get me some more toliet paper for this bathroom down here."

"I did it mom, I did it." came a cry from the couch. "Oh - you want to do it" I said to Rigdon. He has been extremely helpful lately and get's very upset if he doesn't get to go be my little gopher.

He said - "No, mom - I did it."

I went into the bathroom and he had already re-placed the toliet paper. I am assuming he did it right after the potty break and I just hadn't realized it. WOW - he went and got it and actually put it on the roll. Looks like he won't lose this battle with his wife. :0) The old roll and the wrapper were on the floor but hey - that's the next lesson. :0)

Kindness - It does a mother good.

8 comments:

Rachel Stewart said...

You definitely get bragging rights about that! So Cute!! Kent still doesnt' do that. The new roll just ends up on the back of the toilet or on the counter waiting for me to put it on. What a sweet boy.

The Weights said...

That melted my heart!! Just when you think nothing is sinking in, something DOES!!! Sometimes it is just the small, simple acts of thoughtfulness that make our day!! VERY SWEET!!

Kris-10 said...

Wow, way to go Riggie Diggie! What a smartie!

The Heaps said...

Oh my word! That is the cutest thing ever! You are such a great mom and you teach your kids so well! Way to go Rigdon!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't even get Aaron to do that. Please teach me how to train him...

Lori said...

Oh the simple things in life!! I am always replacing the toliet paper at our house and at work. It reminds me of the Steinfield episode when Elaine goes into a public restroom and asked the woman in the stall next to her if she could spare some toliet paper. "No I cannot spare - not even a square" What a great boy you are Rigdon!!

Scrap Happy said...

SO Sweet. What a cute boy!

Cassie and Chad said...

You have trained him well!!