Friday, May 23, 2008

THE CURSE

Is it one of those un-written laws, or a bad curse that was cast on my great-great-great-great grandmother, somehow, somewhere that no matter how hard I try and no matter what I do - the day I mop the floor, I mean REALLY mop the floor - is the day someone "accidentally" spills their apple juice or a plate of spaghetti all over it.

I got on my hands and knees with Jason's toothbrush yesterday and SCRUBBED my floor. I mean really pulled out the can of elbow grease and got down and dirty with my tile. And what do you think happened. Well, Jason decided to make a pan of brownies and what do brownies do - they crumble. And who crumbles brownies better than anyone else - children from the ages of 3 to 10 - which I have 5 of those. You can imagine my face after they all went to bed and I was able to access the damage (YES - I called Jason in and made him clean it up) Then, to top it off - Rigdon gets the can of Pledge today and starts spraying it all over the kitchen floor - I guess he thought it needed a good polish.


AHHHH - what is up - am I the only one or is this pretty much Murphy's law?

7 comments:

The Weights said...

Murphy's Law for sure!!! I don't have all the kids, but this would be my luck too!! Love the new background!!!

Naughty Newbee's said...

Okay well, I am with you on this one and I agree 110%!! Everytime I clean the floor something happens so we are in it together. UGGGGH! I gave up it is hopeless I have decided. Stef will be up there tomorrow so you will have some vistors that should be fun. Love ya

Kris-10 said...

How fun for you! I am so proud that you actually still try. I would have given up years ago! :o)

Sarah S. said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one this happens to. Although I'm sure you have more elbow grease with 5 kids the age from 3-10. Too cute. I just imagine people cheering for me when I've mopped the floor for the 3rd time that day, used the handi vac 10 times or pick up the last toy.

Rachel Stewart said...

It is a definite rule! It happens to me without fail too. Oh well...someday we'll have clean, boring houses. (Or they will be dirty and lively with grandchildren.)

Scrap Happy said...

Seriously, Maren, it's time to lower your standards! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I understand noe that I mop the floor only for the enjoyment that I get from looking at it for the ten minutes after. Then I just try to ignore it for the next week ...or two.