Wednesday, May 7, 2008

MY NEW COUCHES

Well, my new couches arrived yesterday. They are beautiful. I am not sure if they are what I ordered, but that is another story. I have to take a couch cushion down and see if it matches the model in the store because that is what I really wanted. Maybe it just looks different in the store.

Anyway, last night I had a meeting here at the house. There were several primary children among the group and some rowdy boys. They were sitting on my couch and being kind of crazy, so I went over to them to warn them to settle down and keep their feet off the cushions and to my horror and dismay they had ripped my new pillows. They had put holes in two of my brand new pillows. Well, I RIPPED them a new one and told them that they were going to have to pay for those pillows and that they were brand new and didn't they have any respect for people's property.

I ran out of the room crying and sobbing that here I had waited all this time for a new couch and it was already ruined. And then . . . I woke up. Yes, it was only a dream - or should I say nightmare. I remembered it this morning and started to laugh. Luckily it really WAS only a dream or those kids would have PAID.

7 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Ha! I was wondering what kind of meeting would include primary kids! Congrats, I know the other ones had been around since Maryland!

Pictures of them, please!

Kris-10 said...

Oh my goodness. I was getting so mad for you!!! I was about ready to call those kids and mom's up myself!!!

The Heaps said...

I was totally freaking out just then!!! Good thing it was only a dream.
Where are the pictures of them??

Lori said...

Oh my gosh . . . it was almost like when JR got shot in the show "Dallas"!!! I kept reading, and getting madder and madder. What a scarey nightmare.

The Weights said...

I gasped when I read that, because I know how excited you have been. I am SO glad that it was a dream!! I would love to see a picture on your blog of the new couches!! SIT and enjoy them!
Keisha

Stacy said...

Those are the worst nightmares...the ones that could REALLY happen! I'm glad your couch is okay!

Rachel Stewart said...

lol...you had me fooled. I was just picturing the looks on those boys faces. SO funny.