Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SOMETHING FUNNY

Well, Jamie convinced me I had to put this on here. I wasn't going to - but she laughed and said I should - so here goes.

As you all know yesterday was our anniversary. We decided that we weren't going to get anything for each other because of the new couches and all so we said - NO GIFTS. One of us - usually me - always goes back on this promise and does a little something. Well, this year I was sticking by our promise.

Jason came home from work and came upstairs where I was finally getting my shower for the day so I wouldn't stink if we decided to kiss or something - :0) And he got under the bed where I keep the wrapping paper box. He rummages around and grabs a box, some tissue paper and wrapping paper. I am panicking inside because I think - great - he got me something and now I am going to feel really bad when he gives it to me and I don't have anything for him.

So, I act like I didn't notice and finished getting ready.

He has the box sitting on the kitchen counter when I came down to make the kids dinner. HMMM - it was in a shirt sized box and it kind of felt like clothing - maybe it's some lingerie - which then I wouldn't feel so bad, because it would actually be a gift for himself if that was the case.

I decided I better not open it because the kids were around and I really don't need to explain that to them, now do I.

Well, I come into the office to check the e-mail and Jason brings the box in and says why don't you open your present . . . I thought we weren't doing anything for each other I say - well, I lied - he said.

I began to un-wrap the box because no kids were around. I open the lid and there is tissue paper - I pull the tissue aside and lying there within the folds of tissue are two new Wells Fargo shirts. I started laughing - HARD!

Okay - now there is a story behind the story. A week ago, I made the girls clean-out their pajama/play clothes drawer. It was full of holey, stained clothes and I was sick of the "STUFFING" that was going on into this drawer. So, we threw out two garbage bags FULL of old clothes. It was great. I was telling Jason about this when he got home from work and I said "I am so sick of holey, stained clothes and I am just going to start throwing this stuff away."

"Yes," he said - "We just hate holey, stained clothes don't we Maren - pointing to the shirt that I was wearing, which was an OLD Wells Fargo shirt size 3X with 4 holes across the front in various positions and spots of various sizes and colors all over the front. I just laughed and laughed and told him that I was due for some new ones.

Thus my 13th wedding anniversary present - 2 NEW Wells Fargo Shirts for me to add to my rotation of grubbies. :0) HE DOES STILL LOVE ME! :0)

6 comments:

The Weights said...

That is just GREAT!!!! See, they really do listen and pay attention sometimes!!! I love it!!! Enjoy the new shirts!!

Cassie and Chad said...

What the heck? Jason was supposed to bring the kids over last night around 6:00 we waited and waited we even called, I guess you just don't trust your zoo pass buddies to take care of your kiddos. We will definately take a rain check on that one!!!

Lori said...

True love Maren. You should see my Capital Electric Supply shirts!!!

Kris-10 said...

That is great! I have seen the said holey, stained WF shirt...don't forget those white shorts you wear with it that you've had since high school. Happy Anniversary! I love ya!

The Heaps said...

I am so glad you posted this!!! I laughed my head off when you told me the story....then I laughed again when I read the story! Great stuff!

Naughty Newbee's said...

That is AWESOME!! Sounds like my brother wouldn't expect and less and for sure not more uh? Too funny, that is great! Thanks for helping me with pictures for my blog. I need to get some updates and when I do I want to post them on the side like you have. I will need some more help I am sure. Kara